Monday, May 18, 2015

VLCC Natural Sciences Kajal Review

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder…Let me rephrase it…Your beauty is in your eyes…
Eyes are the most important feature of your face. It’s the eye that sees the beauty and it’s the eye that attracts the beauty…

Girls you all will agree to me when I say that your makeup is not complete without a proper eye makeup…
Everyone loves those kohl-eyed beauties…beauties with smoky eyes…don’t we?

I am a true make up junkie and I just can’t imagine myself going out without my eye makeup and my BFF for my eyes…is a sexy…black…intense Kajal…

At times all I need is one stroke of it and I am sorted. I have always loved how Kajal intensifies your look…changes you from drab to drool…

So here I am today reviewing VLCC Natural Sciences Kajal…



What the product says:
A unique formulation that does not smudge, smear or fade after application. The goodness of natural oils and herbal extract nourish and relax the eyes.

What it contains?:


Price:  150 INR (Pack of 2) (I got it for 99 INR during a sale)

Net Quantity: 2.5gm * 2 (5g)

Where do you get it from? All leading websites … I got mine from my favorite beauty website NYKAA

Bohemian Mistletoe says:


Kajals or Kohls are a craze amongst Indian women and trust me I am no different. I am a hoarder of anything related to eye makeup. I have tons of beautiful coloured eyeliners…eye pencils…eye shadows and kohls…

My first stint with Kajal was “Jai Kajal” a cute green tub (finger application)… Tedious to apply but has no options then…

So coming back to VLCC Kajal…VLCC products are fabulous because they have a lot of natural ingredients in them.

I agree I have many Kohl pencils but I still wanted to own one great Kajal…On NYKAA during a sale I came across VLCC Kajal just for 99 INR (Actual price being 150 INR). I couldn’t resist and picked it up.

To my surprise when I got the delivery…I got not one but two pieces…I just can’t explain how happy I felt…In 99 INR I got two Kajal pieces which is such a loot…

Undoubtedly, this Kajal is dark…intense and stands out. I normally put just one stroke of it but during some occasions it has to be two strokes and trust me it gives an intensifying look. It is smooth and glides well. I normally use it on my waterline and have faced no irritation.

I wear contact lenses and have not faced issue with it…it has Triphala in it to improve your vision (well..I can’t comment on this as I have started using this some two weeks ago)
It also has Almond Oil that keeps your eyes clear…

Now…I have an oily skin and also because of this scorching heat I have experienced that this Kajal tends to smudge…but after a good 3-3.5 hours of application.
If you are always under air conditioned environment then you don’t have to worry at all. Also during winters it won’t be an issue…But I really doubt whether it could handle the Mumbai Rains.

It does smudge but little and that too in the outer corner of your eyes… and I think for such an economical price this product is a great catch.

Packaging



It comes in lipstick type packaging and has a transparent plastic lid. Now I am sure the plastic will get a lot of scratches and make the lid look pathetic…so I am not a fan of this type of packaging because it doesn’t let you sharpen the tip when it becomes blunt and that’s the reason why I prefer pencil Kajals.

What I like about the product?

  • Intensely black
  • Smooth and glides easily
  • Very economical
  • Fragrance of Almond Oil could be felt
  • Waterline friendly
  • Contact lens friendly
  • Made up of natural ingredients
  • Shelf life of 2 years 
  • Calm and soothing
  • Fits your purse easily
What I do not like about the product?

  • Packaging is a turnoff
  • Sharpening the tip is gonna be tedious
  •  It does smudge…but little… (Have to be honest about it)

Ratings:

4 out of 5 (One point deducted for the packaging)

Would I repurchase it?

Price is super economical and that’s why I wouldn't mind purchasing it again during a sale. It is very handy when you up for a casual day.

It is not the best but a good one.

So, lovelies do share with me what type of Kajals you use and what has been your experience with them.
Would be more than happy to interact.

Till then XOXO

7 comments:

  1. hey very informative indeed.. but i am a lil sceptical bcoz of d smudges and the packaging as u rightly pointed out.. A pencil seems more handy and easy 2 use and more acurate.. Nevertheless.. wat wud make me try this one is the ingredients and ur well written review..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Suman...packaging is definitely a turnoff..if they introduce a pencil variant then this product would be a fab one..
      Don't worry about the smudge as it is just little...
      Thanks for being an avid reader of my blog...
      XOXO

      Delete
  2. Wow super review and super economical product. Does the kajal come off easily Or do we need a good amount of make up remover ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yoshita... Thanks for the appreciation... It comes off easily... You don't need too much off eye make up remover...

      Delete
  3. Wow super review and super economical product. Does the kajal come off easily Or do we need a good amount of make up remover ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased vlcc products online from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/brands/vlcc/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya even I have used this product and its fabulous, especially when you have got ready for huge occassion and you can actually feel how the VLCC Kajal has highlighted the entire face. Plus it's pocket friendly.Loved it.

    ReplyDelete